Twitch is a popular platform where gamers can stream their games. The platform is designed to let people watch their popular game streams live. However, as the content is live on Twitch, you may miss out on some game streams that you may want to watch but you could not. To overcome this issue, Twitch has VOD or Video On Demand which lets viewers and streams watch the streams even when offline. However, content saved as VOD gets expired after a while, and you will no longer have access to them if you want to watch it again. Many people look for a way to download Twitch VODs to store them on the storage of their device.
How to Download Twitch VODs Videos
Downloading Twitch VODs will let you access them even without the internet, and you will no longer be restricted by accessing them on one device or no longer being able to watch them after they have expired. If you are looking for a way to download Twitch VODs, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will be discussing how you can download Twitch VODs.
Downloading Twitch VODs
Downloading Twitch VODs is easy, and you can download them within a few steps. However, before you can download the Twitch VODs, you will have to make sure that the Twitch streams are saved to your Twitch profile as VODs. Follow the steps given below to save the streams as VODs on your profile.
- Open your browser on your PC and head to the Twitch Website. Ensure you log in with your account if you are already not signed in.
- Here you will see a dropdown menu at the top-right corner of the screen. Click on this dropdown menu, and then click on Settings.
- Head to the Channel and Videos section in the Settings.
- Now scroll down to find the Channel Settings section.
- Here, search for the Automatically archive my broadcasts option. Select this option and enable it. After you do so, all the streams that happen from now will be saved as VODs on your profile after they end.
This will only save the VODs that will be conducted after you have made the changes. You will have to wait for your favorite stream to happen, and only then will you be able to save them. To download the VODs saved on your profile, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Twitch Website on your browser.
- Now open the dropdown menu on the top right corner of the screen. In the dropdown menu, select Video Producer.
- You will now be headed to a library that has all the videos associated with your account. This will include videos that you have uploaded on Twitch as well as VODs from the past broadcast.
- Here you will see a dropdown menu in the library. Click on the drop-down menu, and then select Past Broadcast.
- This library will now show you all the VODs from the past streams, which you can watch currently. There will be a download button located under the VOD. Click on this Download button to download the file.
Downloading VODs From Others Stream
If you want to download the Twitch VODs from someone else’s stream, then you can do it with the help of third-party software. There is various third-party software that can help you download Twitchy VODs from someone else’s stream. Here we will be using Twitch Leecher to do so-
- Firstly, download the Twitch Leecher application from this link.
- After downloading the application, install it on your PC.
- Now launch the Twitch Leecher application on your PC, and then click on the Search option on the top right corner.
- Now click on New Search that you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- After doing so, head to the official Twitch website and head to the channel from which you want to download the video.
- Now on the channel page, click on the Videos.
- Now right-click on the video, and then click on the Copy link address.
- Head back to the Twitch Leecher. Here navigate to the URL tab.
- In the URL tab, paste the link and then click on Search.
- You will see a download button right beside the VOD that you want to download.
- You will be asked to configure the resolution. After setting the resolution, click on the Download button to download the Twitch VOD.
These were the two methods to help you download the Twitch VOD. Following the above step, you will be able to download your favorite stream saved as VOD on your Twitch profile or someone else’s channel.