iOS is one of the most secure and advanced operating systems currently available in the world. iOS is currently running on its 14th version. But, at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference on June 7, 2021, it was announced that the iOS 15 will be the next version to iOS 14 and will be releasing in late 2021.
Currently, the Beta version of iOS 15 is running on iPhones and all apple iPod Touch. This is a testing version and a total of three Beta versions of iOS 15 has been released till now. Because of the initial phase of the iOS 15, the users might face some compatible issues with their devices and apps. As far as these issues are concerned, the Spotify issue is the latest which iPhone users are facing after the release of the Beta 2 version of the operating system.
Hence this article will demonstrate to you the process to fix the Spotify issue. But before that let’s throw some light on what additional features iOS 15 has in it to offer you?
iOS 15 Features
We all are aware of the advancement of Apple’s operating system and it brings a whole new lot of features for its users with every upgrade and this time it is no different. iOS 15 is the latest and the fifteenth major release of the iOS mobile operating system and it has a lot of new things as compared to its previous versions. Let’s discuss these new features in brief.
- Facetime:- With the introduction of iOS 15 now you can easily watch your favorite shows without interrupting your facetime conversations. Now you can also share and watch shows together while being on facetime with your loved ones. The most amazing thing about the new update is that now an android or windows user can also join on facetime with a link that you can share with him/her.
- Messaging:- Now the content shared with you in the message is also featured in a different option called shared with you.
- Focus:- It contains a list of few suggested options that will allow only the selected notifications. This option can be used to avoid distractions with the notifications which you do not want and will only allow the notifications you allowed or are automatically allowed in a built-in option in the suggested list.
- Notification:- Now you can modify your notification panels and get your notifications delivered to you at a preferred time you have set.
- Maps:- Now experience a brand new way to look at the world. The latest update will give you a 3D glimpse of the buildings or roads you want to visit. Also, you can see directions in augmented reality but this feature will be compatible with only the iPhone with A12 Bionic or later.
- Safari:- The new update will let you install the extensions on your Safari browser on iPhone and can also choose when the extension will be active.
- Wallet:- With the introduction of this feature, now you can unlock your home, your garage, your hotel room, and even your workplace with your iPhone. But this feature will be available for only iPhone XS and later and it is also noted that the device requirements may vary by hotel and workplace.
- Music+Memories:- With a tincture of new updates now you can add your favorite song as per your memories of the past in photos.
- Hide Your Email:- Now you can manually hide your email and generate a random new one instantly that forwards to your personal inbox.
- Siri:- An updated version of Siri will be rolled out with the iOS 15 and with the help of that you can easily ask Siri to share content on your screen. If photos can not be displayed or shared then Siri will show you the respective screenshot in place of that.
ALSO READ: Free Spotify Premium Accounts & Passwords in 2021
What issues are being faced on iOS 15 while using Spotify?
Some users were initially able to select their preferred BT(Bluetooth) device when they opened the Spotify App for the first time but this device then disappeared, thus preventing you from playing the songs on their Bluetooth-connected device like speakers or headphones.
In other cases, music is being played on their iOS devices even after being connected to Bluetooth devices.
All of these issues have something to do with iOS 15 Beta 2. Since the latest version is still in the initial phase of its testing, so you may frequently experience incompatibility cases with several apps until a reliable build of iOS 15 releases.
If you follow the below-mentioned method, your problem could be solved easily.
How To Fix Spotify Not Working On iOS 15
- First of all, turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone handset.
- Find the Spotify app from App Library Spotlight Search or Home Screen.
- Tap and hold the app icon you will see the popup options, tap on the Delete app option to uninstall the app.
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for the Spotify app and install it again.
Try to connect the Bluetooth device to see if the issue is fixed or not, most probably this time app will work and you will be able to stream music on your Bluetooth devices.
Repeat the same procedure whenever it shows such problems.
When will the full version of iOS 15 be released?
The complete version of iOS 15 is scheduled to be released in late 2021.
Is the iPod touch compatible with iOS 15?
Yes, the iPod touch (7th generation) is compatible with iOS 15 as listed on Apple’s official websites.
Is direction in the augmented reality feature will be available in all iOS supported iPhones?
Now you can see directions in augmented reality but this feature will be compatible with only the iPhone with A12 Bionic or later.
This article has provided you with a step-by-step guide to resolving the Spotify error in iOS 15. We’ve also talked about the new options and features that will be available in iOS 15 when it’s fully released. You can only try out a few of the features available in the beta version of the operating system until then.