Fire Tablets are budget tablets by the e-commerce giant Amazon. They come in the budget segment and are preferred by students simply for browsing and content consumption. Amazon Fire Tablet is powered by Fire OS, a custom OS developed by Amazon. Because Amazon Fire Tablet does not operate on Android, you won’t find Google Apps preinstalled. You will also be limited to Amazon App Store on the Fire Tablet.
Google Play Store is missing on Fire Tablet, as are all the other Google Apps. Though there’s Amazon App Store on the Fire Tab, it’s kind of a gimmick for the tab. You won’t have as many apps as the Google Play Store on the Amazon App Store; some basic apps might also be missing. Everything’s fine on the Fire Tablet, considering the budget, except for the unavailability of Google Apps.
Fortunately, we have found a workaround that lets you install Google Play Store on your Amazon Fire Tablet. This guide will help you install the Play Store on Fire Tablet.
What To Know Before Continuing With The Guide?
There are certain things that you must know before you go ahead installing Google Play Store on your Fire tablet. Though you can install Google Play Store on your tablet, there will be certain limitations to what apps you can install and what you cannot.
- Some apps won’t be installed on the tablet through the Google Play Store. Though there are a lot of apps on Google Play Store, that does not mean every app can be installed on your device. For instance, any app that uses GPS data won’t be installed.
- Some apps installed from the Play Store might not work with the Amazon Kids+ subscription service.
- Also, Google Family Link does not work on Amazon Fire Tablet. Google Family Link gives some parental control, but it will not work on Amazon Fire Tablet. You should now install Google Play Store on the Fire Tab if you will be giving it to your kids.
Prerequisites To Install Google Play Store On Fire Tablet
There are certain prerequisites that you must take care of. This is to ensure the installation takes place without any issues.
- You must have an active internet connection. It is because you will have to download some files from the internet.
- Ensure your device is charged up to 85%, so it doesn’t run out of battery during the process.
- Remove the SD card from the tablet if you are using one. It is because the process will wipe out the data from the SD card; you can insert it back once the process is complete.
- You will have to enable installing apps from unknown sources. We will be discussing how you can do that in the guide ahead.
- If you want to install Play Store, you must have a 7th Gen or newer Amazon Fire Tablet. The steps we will be mentioning ahead work for Fire HD 8, Fire HD 10, and all the 7th gen and newer Fire Tablets.
- You need to have a Google Account to sign in to the Play Store after installing it.
Install Google Play Store On Amazon Fire Tablet
Now that you know everything about installing the Play Store on Fire Tablet, including the prerequisites, you can continue with the guide. Follow the steps given below to install Google Play Store on Amazon Fire Tablet-
Enable Installation From Unknown Sources
The first thing you will have to do is enable the installation of apps from unknown sources. This is necessary as you will be required to install apps you have downloaded from the browser. To enable installation from unknown sources, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings on your tablet.
- Here, head to Security & Privacy.
- Now tap on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Now, tap on Silk Browser as you will download and install the apps from the Silk Browser.
- Turn on the toggle next to Allow from this source to enable installation from unknown sources.
Download Required Apps
Once you have enabled installation from unknown sources, you can get to the next step, which is to download all the required apps. You will have to download Google Account Manager, Google Services Framework, Google Play Services, and Google Play Store. Here, Google Services Framework, Google Account Manager, and Google Play Service provide the frameworks for the proper working of the Google Play Store.
Before going ahead, you must know what Fire Tab you have and on which Fire OS version it runs. To know what Fire Tablet you have, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings app on your Fire Tab.
- Here, tap on Device Options and then on About Fire Tablet.
- This will show you what tablet model you have.
To see what version of Fire OS is running on your tablet, follow the steps given below-
- Open Settings and then tap on Device Options.
- Tap on System Updates to check what Fire OS version you are having.
You can download the apps from the given below links-
Google Account Manager
Google Services Framework
Google Play Services
Note- Do not download the beta version of the APKs listed on the sites.
Google Play Store
Installing The APKs
Once you have downloaded the APKs on your tablet, you must install them. There’s an order for installing the APKs, which you must follow if you want to install Google Play Store on your Fire Tab. You need to install the APKs in the following order-
- Google Services Framework
- Google Account Manager
- Google Play Services
- Google Play Store
Talking about the order of installation by the file name, you must install the files in the following order-
- com.google. Android.gsf
- com. Android.vending
To install the APKs, follow the steps given below-
- Open the File Manager/Explorer on your Fire Tab.
- Now, head to the location where the files have been downloaded.
- Here, tap on the com.google.gsf.login file.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to install the APK on your device.
- Do the same for other files in the above order, i.e., com.google. Android.gsf, com.google. Android.gms, and then com.android.vending
- Once you have installed all the above APKs, restart your device.
Login To Play Store
Now that you have installed the APKs on your device, you can log in to the Google Play Store and use it to install apps on your device. Given below are the steps to do so-
- Open the App Drawer on your tablet.
- From the list of apps, search for Google Play Store and open it. Do not open any other Google Play app.
- This will take you to Google Account Manager. Here you will have to login to your Google Account.
- Once you have logged into your Google Account, you will be headed to the home screen on Google Play Store.
- You can now download and install the apps from Google Play Store.
The above guide mentions a complete step-by-step process to install Google Play Store on Amazon Fire Tablet. If you want Play Store on your Fire Tablet, then you can follow the steps mentioned above. We hope this article helped you with what you were looking for, and if you find this guide helpful, do let us know in the comments section below.