Autocorrect is a useful feature that will save you from any spelling mistakes you may make while typing something (document, text, or any such thing). However, sometimes, this can be problematic for people because this feature can automatically change the spelling, which you may not want to change. Because of this, many people may want to turn off autocorrect on Windows 11. If you don’t know how to autocorrect on Windows 11, this article will help you. In this article, we will be discussing how you can turn off autocorrect on Windows 11.
Turning Off Autocorrect On Windows 11
You can only turn off the autocorrect on Windows 11 for the touch keyboard. If you are using a touch keyboard on your laptop or your tablet in Windows 11, then you can turn the feature off for it. To turn off autocorrect in Windows 11, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings of your Windows 11 by pressing the Windows + I key combo.
- Head to the Time & language section from the left sidebar in the Settings. Here on the right side, select Typing and open it.
- Search for Autocorrect misspelled words and select it. Now turn off the toggle for the Autocorrect misspelled words.
This will turn off the autocorrect on Windows 11. Now, whenever you type using the touch keyboard on Windows 11, the words will not be automatically correct until you want them to be corrected.
Turning On Autocorrect On Windows 11
If you want to turn on autocorrect again on Windows 11, then you can do it the same way as you turned it off. To turn on autocorrect, follow the steps given below-
- Click on the Start icon on the taskbar. This will open the Start menu.
- In the Start menu, search for Settings and open the Settings.
- Head to the Time & language section from the left sidebar in the settings.
- Here search for Typing option on the right side. Select the option and open it.
- Now in the Typing section, search for Autocorrect misspelled words toggle.
- Select the Autocorrect misspelled words toggle and turn it on.
This will now turn on the autocorrect feature on Windows, and you will be able to type worry-free without having to worry about any spelling mistakes that you may make.
This is how you can turn off the Autocorrect feature on Windows. We have also discussed how you can turn it on the back again. Following the steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to turn off or on the autocorrect feature.