Recording the screen can be useful many times. Many people record their screens to show troubleshooting steps, and for various such scenarios. When it comes to Windows PC, users have to download third-party apps to record the screen. However, the same cannot be said for Chromebooks, because Chromebooks have their in-built tool to record the screen. If you want to screen record on a Chromebook, then this article will help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing how you can screen record on a Chromebook.
Screen Record On A Chromebook
Screen recording on a Chromebook is quite easy. You can do so, by following the steps given below-
- Click on any element on the Shelf that you will find at the bottom-right corner. This will open the Quick Settings panel on your Chromebook.
- Click on the arrow in the top-right menu of the Quick Settings.
- Here, click on the Screen Capture button. When you click on this button, the screen capture toolbar will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- On the screen capture toolbar, you will see a camera icon and a camcorder icon. Clicking on the camera icon will only take a screenshot while clicking on the camcorder icon will record the screen.
- When you click on the camcorder icon, you will get various options to control the screen recording settings. You can set the aspect ratio (screen size of the screen recorder). You can set it to full screen, partial screen, and window.
- Full Screen: Click anywhere on the screen to record the full screen.
- Partial Screen: You will have to drag to select the area that you want to record and then click on the Record button.
- Window- To record a window, click on the window or the area of the screen you want to record.
- Click on the Settings (gear) icon and then turn on the toggle for the Record Microphone if you want to record your voice. If you don’t want to record your voice, then let it be off.
- When you record the screen, you will see a 3 seconds timer after which the recording will begin.
- To stop recording the screen, click on the red stop button on the shelf in the Chromebook. This will stop recording the screen, and you will get a notification Screen Recording Taken.
- Click on the Screen Recording Taken notification, and you will be headed to the folder where the recording is saved.
- You can then watch the recorded video from the folder. Moreover, you will also have the option to share the recording or save it to Google Drive.
This is how you can screen record on Chromebook. You won’t be needing any third-party software to record the screen on the Chromebook, as there is an inbuilt tool to help you with that. Following the above steps, you will be able to record the screen on Chromebook easily.